Dr. Nick Morgan is one of America’s top communication theorists and coaches. In his blog he covers modern communications from a variety of angles, including the latest developments in communication research, the basic principles and rules of good communication, and the good and bad speakers of the day. His passion is to connect the latest brain research with timeless insights into persuasive speaking and writing in order to further our understanding of how people connect with one another. He has an international following among professional speakers, students of communication, and executives interested in persuasive communication in cultures worldwide.
- 5 last-minute gifts for speakers
- Morgan's 10 Holiday-inspired Rules for Public Speaking - Especially When Things Go Wrong
- Who Are the Best and Worst Communicators of 2011?
- There are no mistakes: How jazz can help public speakers
- Embarrassed about being embarrassed? Don't be. Embrace your humanity.
- How do you turn an ordinary presentation into a powerful story?
- Online Trust is Fragile: Why Herman Cain hasn't quit yet and other modern era mysteries
- Can you inspire an audience with a negative message?
- Top Ten Reasons for Public Speakers to be Thankful
- Occupy Wall Street, Mitt Romney, and the NBA: Three Problems in Search of a Solution
- The future of the book? David Meerman Scott, the news media, and Newsjacking.
- Rick Perry and the Blank Mind
- Corporate America needs a new story
- Fear of Public Speaking? Here's how to conquer it
- Speakers worth catching – 5: Malcolm Gladwell
- Speakers worth catching – 4: Craig Mod and the Do Lectures
- Speakers worth catching - 3: Jacqueline Novogratz
- Speakers worth catching – 2: Doug Keeley
- How to Give a Great Presentation
- Speakers worth catching - 1: Mitch Joel
- Are You an Author? How to Survive the Book Business Today
- Can you fake authenticity? Body language quick take #10
- How to Conduct a Successful Virtual Meeting - 5 Quick Tips
- What Is Charisma? - Body Language Quick Takes #9
- How to Spot Concealed Emotion: Body Language Quick Takes #8
- How to Detect Respect - or Disrespect: Body Language Quick Takes #7
- Body Language Quick Takes 6 – How can you tell if someone is interested?
- Body Language Quick Takes – What Does Passion Look Like?
- Body Language Quick Takes 4 – How to tell when you're disconnected
- Body Language Quick Takes 3 – Are You Connected?
- Body Language Quick Takes 2 - How to spot someone closing down
- Body Language Quick Takes – How to Spot Openness
- 5 Quick Ways to Organize a Speech
- How do you inspire people with a speech?
- What Questions Should You Ask to Prepare a Speech?
- Sex and Humor in Speeches – where's the line?
- What is the most neglected piece of equipment in the public speaker's arsenal?
- In Praise of Listening
- Finding passion in your voice and gestures
- Becoming a Passionate Communicator
- How to use body language to connect powerfully with other people
- How to connect better with the people around you
- Why you need to be open - and how to do it
- Why the debt limit talks are doomed - a rhetorical analysis
- How to communicate powerfully
- Why you need authenticity and charisma
- How to use the power of your unconscious mind
- How to speak and write clearly - 5 quick tips
- What should you charge for your own public speaking?
- Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg Speaks Out
- PowerPoint, Speaking or Sex?
- Michael Chiklis, the Boston Pops and the 4th of July – the Hazards of Live TV
- Here's how to do it: a great speech with no PowerPoint
- Power Point's dirty little secret
- 10 Things to Do Instead of Power Point
- 5 Tips for Presenting Boring Technical Information - so It Isn't Boring
- Should You Write an eBook?
- Are you worth $40K an hour?
- Podcast #9: Rehearse Away Your Fear
- Podcast #8: Your Secret Speaking Weapon: Involving the Audience
- Podcast #7: How to Get a Standing Ovation
- Podcast #6: The Secret of Good Storytelling
- Podcast #5: The First Two Steps to Crafting a Great Presentation
- Podcast #4: The One Thing You Must Do Before Preparing a Speech
- Podcast #3: 10 Quick Tips to Make Your Next Presentation Wildly Successful
- Podcast #2: Why Is Most Public Speaking So Awful?
- Podcast #1: The Only Reason to Give a Speech Is to Change the World
- Why you must rehearse: To avoid a public speaking disaster like this one
- 3 Lessons for Public Speaking from the Japanese Tea Ceremony
- A Speaker Scam -- Update
- Your Presentation Secret Weapon: Grace Hopper, the Computer, and the Prop
- Go Behind the Dream: How Martin Luther King's Great Speech Happened
- Will Your Team Succeed? Take This Diagnostic To Find Out
- Win by Telling Great Stories with Peter Guber
- Why You Should Talk Less And Say More
- Guy Kawasaki’s Enchantment: What's In It For Public Speakers?
- If You Must Use Power Point, Here’s How To Do It – 5 Tips From Hans Rosling
- 9 Tips For Success From A Steve Jobs Presentation
- Today We Are Rich
- What goes wrong when you try to communicate?
- What Happens When You "Wing" A Speech? Ask Tony Hsieh
- How to Produce a Great Speaker Video
- Why Leaders Need To Be Authentic
- 5 Leadership Lessons from The King's Speech
- Why Most of What You Know About Communication Is Wrong
- How to Connect with an Audience
- What Do You Do With Your Hands?
- How to Conduct a Virtual Meeting
- What makes a cool speaker video? Ask David Meerman Scott
- Why You Should Care About the Infamous Mehrabian Study
- Your Brain Contains Mirrors - And Why That's Important
- How to Save a Doomed Meeting
- Message for Businesses: Are You Creative Enough to Survive?
- How to tell great business stories
- How to Control Others' Body Language - Is Body Language Necessary? - 4
- Is body language necessary? Pt 3 – How to handle your own body language
- How to Read Others’ Body Language (Is Body Language Really Necessary? - II)
- Is Body Language Really Necessary? (First in a series)
- President Obama vs Bill O'Rielly - Who Won?
- 5 Ways to Present Naked
- 5 quick ways to structure a speech
- How CEOs can improve their speeches
- Power Point and the Triangle of Death - A Rant
- How To Create A Great Speech Fast - In 5 Steps
- What Should President Obama Say in his State of the Union Address?
- What you don’t know about President Kennedy’s inaugural address
- How to write a great speech: 5 secrets for success
- What you don’t know about King's "I Have a Dream" Speech
- Tucson, President Obama, and the Political Discourse
- Does size matter? How audience size changes speeches
- How Emotional Should You Get in Public? 5 Rules for Public Emoting
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for Public Speakers
- The Top 5 Communications Lessons from 2010
- The Year Ahead: Fearless Predictions for Communications in 2011